260rem
(.375 member)
20/07/21 09:12 AM
Blaser K95 22 hornet, my new favourite rifle.

I picked up a Blaser K95 22hornet barrel to go along with my 30/06 barrel, it took months to arrive but was well worth the wait.

I worked up a few loads for it, but the two I'm sticking with are the 40gn Hornady Vmax in front of 13gn of Lil'gun and a subsonic load that's even quieter then a standard 22lr subsonic load consisting of the 40gn Winchester HP 22mag pill and 2.2gn of Trailboss.

It works with the forend from my 30/06 Stutzen barrel, is very easy to reload, the spent shells can fall out if I tip the gun. It's very accurate and so much quieter then a 223rem by a long way.

It's definitely the perfect companion for the bigger barrel, I was thinking I should have bought a bigger 22 calibre as the hornet only has a 1:16 twist which limits my pill selection to 45gn or less but all my worries soon faded once I started using it.

I highly recommend this barrel if your looking for a small game barrel to compliment your existing K95 big game rifle.

Both barrels

Final load development targets.

So far I've shit a couple of foxes and 5 meat goats with it, all one shot DRT headshots from 40m to just over 200m.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com