Louis
(.375 member)
05/01/21 04:37 AM
Re: My French 16ga x 16bore Cape Gun - Manufrance Robust No.32ES

Great find Buckstix, your shotgun is simply beautiful and looks in really mint condition; that's a lucky pick as Models 32-E-S are extremely rare on the market. According to the excellent book in French "Le Fusil Robust" (Jean-Claude Mournetas), unfortunately now out of stock, Models 32-E-S ("32" for luxury finish, "E" for "Ejector" & "S" for rifled barrel) were only manufactured in 1930, while Robust shotguns were continuously manufactured from 1913 (patent issued) until 1980 (Manufacture de Saint Etienne's end of business), apart from the period 1940-1946 when production stopped. Of interest, Robust models were also offered in a side-by-side double-rifle version from 1929 until 1934, in calibers 8mm Lebel, .405 & .450; they are also extremely rare on the market now and command extremely high prices when some re-surface from time to time.

I also own a Robust model 222S in 16 ga, with one fully rifled barrel for slugs; this one is younger than yours, it was manufactured in the mid-50's and has been in the family since then; I'll need to present it on the Forum one day. I had it fully refurbished circa ten years ago when it was passed to me and it has been in my safe since then as I do not hunt with shotguns.

Louis

Contact Us NitroExpress.com