EDELWEISS
(.375 member)
29/06/20 01:30 AM
T/C Encore

Sometimes I get fixated on a new "must have" and forget about what I already have in the safe. While rooting around I found my Encore. TWO because you just cant put a stainless barrel on a blue receiver OR worse a blue barrel on a stainless receiver. THAT would be like wearing mixed cammo patterns--the animals know and laugh at you....

So I started thinking a Encore may not be a classy as a Martini; it is a modern single shot option that can be configured as a pistol OR rifle from 22LR TO 375H&H and toss in .410, 20GA, and 12GA. If youre not satisfied with the factory barrels, custom barrels make the list even longer.

If blue or stainless isnt "enuf" Turnbull Customs will even colorcase your blued frame or sell you one they have on hand. The list of factory stocks and grips is long and custom option are even longer.

Ive hunted with Contenders and Encores. The pistol to rifle and back again is nice but I tend to concentrate on rifles "for now" anyway. Ive taken a Encore in the xame caliber as a traditional rifle on a hunt, especially when hunting with a levergun. That way I scope the Encore and leave the levergun "naked". Ive got a plan to add a Malcolm scope to a 405Win barrel as a set for my Win 1895 levergun; but thats in the future...

My current scheming started when I saw a Martini with a fully rifled 12ga barrel set up as a Big Bore rifle When I was wandering around lusting about the Martini, I spotted one of my Encores, and thought all I need is a rifled 12ga barrel, then a set of folding express sights and maybe a barrel band front sight. (THIS is where the Turnbull receiver started calling my name...). Now I'll be the first to admit the Martini is soooooo much cooler and I'll feel like a peasant if Im ever standing next to a gentleman with THAT Martini. OTOH most of my hunting buddies think its perfectly fine to mix their Cammo patterns, and would rather have a plastic gun then a nice piece of walnut. Best of all once I hunt with the Encore, Im pretty sure I'll "have to have" the Martini.

Who hunts with Contenders and Encores?

Contact Us NitroExpress.com