EDELWEISS
(.375 member)
25/06/20 10:33 AM
Re: Anybody hunting with a Martini

Double D thanks for the response. I dont doubt your knowledge, and Im certainly on the opposite end of your spectrum. Im trying to gain the knowledge but finding lost of winding false paths along the way.

As for the Greener action, Im not sure Id know a split from a solid (and as the gun is now with the smith in another state I cant give any useful data). I can say I trust the smith doing the work. My first question to him was "is it safe", followed by "what cartridge can we build on it". I wanted 577-450 but settled on 303 for lots of reasons, including finding reamers and proper rifiling. In the end 303 seemed "British" enough.

As for the Citadel; its pretty F'd UP. Both the front and rear sights look as if they had replacement sights JP Welded on top of the original bases. I "think" it can be saved by completely replacing both sights down to the bare barrel. If all else fails Ill replace the barrel.

Im at the point where I know enough to get in trouble; but not enough to know that I dont know that I dont know

Thanks again

Contact Us NitroExpress.com