Hendo
(.224 member)
28/05/20 02:57 PM
Chamber resleeve advise needed

Hi All, I have recently acquired an interesting little single shot, falling block action rifle chambered for .300 rook.
It has Belgium proof marks and has been reblued at some stage in its busy life. Unfortunately, the over enthusiastic polishing has left no hint of who the manufacturer is, (the proof marks are under the forearm, the only part of the octagonal barrel that's been left alone).

It looks like a previous owner has run out of Rook ammo and used something very much shorter (32 Colt??) because the chamber is badly eroded about halfway down , making it very difficult to eject a spent case.
My choices are either (1) resleeve the whole thing to 32-20 or more likely 25-25, a very costly exercise. or (2) find a gunsmith in Australia who can resleeve the chamber in the original cartridge chambering. This is preferred because , apart from a small patch of corrosion, the rifling looks quite good. and half the fun of these old workhorses is shooting them as they were originally.
So my question, Does anyone know of or can recommend a gunsmith in Australia who does this sort of work ie resleeving chambers

Contact Us NitroExpress.com