NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
24/05/20 11:50 AM
Re: Tikka 512SD 12-bore/.223 Rem

Quote:

Great looking set.

It's always nice to have a successful day out on the range, especially with the dog!

From the photo there appears to be a good sized gas vent for the 22 center-fire barrel.

This range was metres from my house. The small paddock to the North of the house and backyard, with the creek/river a hundred metres or less away.

The dog likes it, yes. But always wants to stand in front. Then refuses to come to me, so I drag him back. Then he is upset or offended. And he is already deaf from age and shooting, so I like him to sit behind me

He does enjoy it. He will enjoy the walk with a gun later this afternoon if it doesn't rain too much. I hope it does rain.

This gun would be nice with a cartridge trap. But seeing all the cartridge choices, if would only suit one. So instead maybe a butt leather or synthetic cartridge carrier. For 12-b and .223. Being a single shot x 2 no magazine, and the gun can't be carried in a vehicle safely if loaded, but I want cartridges close at hand.

BTW the fired cases are very sticky coming out. I almost break my finger nails pulling them out and sometimes needed to use my leatherman.

My guess is the .223 chamber is rough? Will probably smooth with use. Or maybe a small chamber?

The combination barrels are not ejectors like the shotgun barrels.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com