vykkagur
(.300 member)
17/04/20 08:12 PM
Re: Fraser Wanna-be

Perhaps I'm living in a dream world. I look at this beautiful design and I don't understand why someone couldn't manufacture something along these lines, of decent quality materials and finish, and at a fair price. I can't speak for this model, but the basic Martini action, for example, is only 13 parts including receiver; a falling-block can't be much more. As someone who produces mechanical components, I can see most of them are straightforward milling, as opposed to the combined turning and radial milling of bolt guns, and well within the capabilities of reasonably-skilled machinists, let alone CNC. If manufacturers can produce entry-level bolt guns for under $500, why not something like this? The basic features should be simple, robust, good quality but not over the top, and hopefully as good-looking as this rifle, or at least not homely (sorry Courteney Stalking Rifle.) It seems that every time a manufacturer produces something a bit out of the mainstream, they immediately want to move up-market to the affluent middle-aged customers where the big profit margins lie. The world doesn't need a $2000 plinker. How about something for the working-class enthusiast who doesn't have the skills or facilities to build his own? MBA's and business plans and market research have turned this world into a soul-less place. Harrrumph!

Now I sound like Statler AND Waldorf....

Contact Us NitroExpress.com