Yukon577
(.224 member)
17/01/20 10:26 AM
Re: Thompson Center TCR 83

Hi Guys,
I've been playing with the TCR 83 for a few years now, have had three recievers, still have two on-hand. If someone is in Canada and wants one, get in touch.

I am quite fond of the action and especially the interchangable barrels. The double set trigger is quite the aid to help accuracy while you still have the hunting trigger pull if you have some quick action while in the field, or the set trigger if circumstances allow. I've had very good luck accuracy wise and these little rifles are very quick and easy handling.

I have or have had barrels in; .22 Hornet, .223 Rem., 6.5x55 (T/C Custom shop), 7mm Rem Mag X2, .30/06 X2, .338 Win Mag(SSK Industries), .358 Win (T/C Custom shop), .45/70, 12 ga. smooth bore with sights and a .50 Muzzle loading custom barrel. The .45/70 makes a nice light single shot for carrying when conditions make taking a classic single shot out unadvisable.

I have experienced the same as you describe for headspace, especially with the rimless rounds.

While they are far from common, if you keep your eyes open, there are barrels available now and then. I intend to use some of the more common barrels for monblocs for more interesting chamberings when time allows. I keep thinking about a 450/400 barrel, I think it would make a good harsh weather hunter up here.

It's nice to see others on here interested in these rifles, I've been using them for some time and rarely hear much about them or meet anyone that knows what they are.

All the best.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com