lancaster
(.470 member)
25/12/19 05:23 PM
christmas present

with the help of xausa - thank you very much again - I was able to get my christmas present over the pond.

great, what we have here is an old gun, with beaten up stock, some rust and the lock is missing!
thats what I was good for the whole year?

yes, that is it and I must have been very good!
this is the number two rifle of a type that came in production at least in 1860 but probably was older - between 1856 and 1859 - and seems to be the oldest break action single shot stalking rilfe firing fixed ammo ever made.
there could have been similar stalking rifles for pinfire cartridges but I did not find it yet.

it came with the original sling ruptured sometimes. will let it repair for display and make a new one after this patern.

the rifle was made for the 0,49" paper cartridge but sometime's in history was changed for the 40 mm long 32 gauge case, called Kugelhülse - bullet case here. when making the new lock it must be a needle fire priming action again because only this is licence free. the caliber is a little bit over .500 so I assume they use 32 ga paper shells having a smaller diameter inside.

the extractor was added later

with my carcano stutzen project you see its a very handy rifle

with the dreyse military rifle

when ready one fine day it will be legal up to roedeer here

merry chistmas for everyone including gun haters!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com