DoubleD
(.400 member)
03/12/19 11:21 PM
Re: 577/500 #2 Express what range to zero?

That's my problem, my sight leafs (leaves) are marked.

As you can see in the past someone has filed out the 100 yard standing leaf to make it unusable. I am having to convert the 200 yd leaf to 100.

I don't know what sight the gun originally had. I suspect that it had one of the old long sights with multiple blades and a flip up ladder.

I think this shorter sight I have now was/is a replacement.

I had consider replacing the rear sight with one of those old long sights or just welding up the standing leaf and re cutting it it. I have also considered just cutting down the 200 flip leaf to 100 yard height.

I have been obsessing over this issue for a couple of years, its coming down to the wire now. After cataract surgery I will test fire again when I can see. That should give me better numbers to determine how much metal I have to remove. Then I can decide if it will be the front sight or the rear sight I cut.

I have been thinking about another farm field moose hunt, and this is the gun for that.

We are headed out for a 4 day whitetail deer hunt tomorrow. The out fitter said they have been seeing pigs. I might bring this gun to try if we fill deer tags early.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com