buckstix
(.400 member)
30/09/19 07:51 PM
Re: Franz Thiele 8x72R x 16 ga Cape Gun- Info about maker wanted

Hello NitroX,
Thanks for the reply.

I don't know anyone that eats woodchuk, but I found this on google:

"...Groundhogs (woodchucks)are not only edible, they're tender and delicious if properly cleaned and prepared. They live on a completely vegetarian diet, and cary no life threatening diseases for humans. Groundhogs are similar to rabbit in taste, and most recipes for groundhog have you prepare them in the same manner..."

Your hat is probably made of Muskrat fur. Also from google.

"...The muskrat is a medium sized semi-aquatic rodent with webbed hind feet and ... The Muskrat's fur is thick, glossy and durable making it a target for fur trappers..."

"...The muskrat (Ondatra zibethicus), the only species in genus Ondatra and tribe Ondatrini, is a medium-sized semiaquatic rodent native to North America and an introduced species in parts of Europe, Asia, and South America. The muskrat is found in wetlands over a wide range of climates and habitats..."

"...Muskrat Fur Hats. Muskrat is a North American fur that is popular for its natural color and can also be dyed rich jewel shades. Its color, in general, is dark brown on the back shading to golden brown and silver on the flanks. It has a thick waterproof underfur with a glossy overlayer of longer fur..."[i/]

Contact Us NitroExpress.com