DORLEAC
(.333 member)
05/06/19 04:32 AM
Re: A very nice Falling Block in 375 Flanged by G&H

With us here we usually say: "Never argue about tastes and colors" !
As a riflemaker I'm sometimes criticized for making stocks too small with too thin comb, the shape of our grips and of our forends does not please everyone ... but it's my style and I'm happy to please those who like it.
I have always had the greatest respect for Griffin & Howe and Hoffman and the simple fact that their products are recognizable among all is already a guarantee of consistency.
Their rifles were produced for the US market where users practice is different from those of English sportsmen hunting in East Africa or in Scottish moors.
The same goes for Austrian and German rifles whose style and conception are adapted to their hunting mode.
Of course it's a shame to see these testimonies of British expertise stripped and used to build rifles that have nothing in common with the originals donators but we all too often forget that these systems we worship today were, at a certain period obsessed with modernism, simple second-hand tools without much interest for the majority of hunters and shooters.

DORLEAC
www.dorleac-dorleac.com

Contact Us NitroExpress.com