Boryx
(.224 member)
21/03/19 08:14 PM
Re: Daniel Fraser rook rifle - .360 NE 2-1/4”

Yes I feel pretty lucky, finding such a little nice rook model - original I was looking for a Fraser in .303, but I think that a rook fits even better for my demands. Ill be using it for stalking roebucks here in Denmark, and maybe Sweden and Germany (Germany might course me problems, because we have to hunt with lead free bullets)

Of course ill keep you updated how I get on with the rifle, how it shoots, loads develop etc.

The rifle is overall in god condition, there is no big damages to the stock (a little on the pancake cheek), scope bases or anywhere. Only thing, the buffalo horn on the end of the forearm has properly been damaged and there have been made a curve witch is not original - my plan is to get a new piece made, identical to the original the rifle was born with. It has seen a lot of use, the rust blueing on the barrel is hardly not excising, the stock is with a lot of bumps and lumps, the cheekering is almost gone - so I consider to let it go thru a restoration where the stock will be done with new oil treatment, new cheekrering and a new rust blueing.
Will this be okay to do, or is it better leave it as it is?

Im a rookie into reloading, and therefor I will properly be asking for help with develop a load for the rifle from you guys full of experience.
Will it be best to make a new thread in the reloading forum or just keep it going in this thread?

Ill do a chamber cast as the next step in the process, to find out what bullet size ill be using in it. Do you think there will be any chance that it will shoot with jacket bullets or will that course any big troubles/danger/damage to the rifle? Or do I need to get a extra hobby in the hobby, and start casting bullets in lead.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com