windy
(.224 member)
31/05/18 09:15 AM
Re: What is the perfect sighting solution for a Combination?

I've shot clays with my 1.5x-4x scoped Brno 7x57R/12ga and didn't do too badly; a friend asked to try and broke 2 out of 4 chances the first time he held the gun. I think a bit more practice will make it workable--but only on the lowest setting. Unfortunately, I've found that cranking it from 1.5x to 4x changes the 7's point of impact at 100 yards by almost 6"--vertically--and that dampens my enthusiasm a bit for carrying it afield. I suppose that most of the time, I'll have time to change it if I carry it in the 1.5x setting and happen to come upon a chance at a deer; sighting it in with the 4x to shoot 3" high at 100 will make meat on most of my chances and I don't think it will affect my shot pattern adversely. Of course, a better scope would eliminate that part of the problem. Also, given the closeness of the cover I hunt, a flushed rabbit or partridge will often escape even when I'm packing the 16-bore double, so I doubt I'll extinguish the resource no matter how much better I get with the BBF. Good luck this Fall.
windy

Contact Us NitroExpress.com