CptCurlAdministrator
(.450 member)
20/03/18 10:03 AM
BSA Martini .310 Cadet

I recently acquired a nice original BSA Martini Cadet rifle in its original chamber of .310 Greener.

The rifle remains in excellent condition. Importantly, its bore is like new.

I studied on how to get into loading for this rifle and asked a few questions along the way. Thanks for the help I got on the reloading forum.

Over the last few weeks I gathered what I needed to load this little cartridge. Buffalo Arms sells Starline .32-20 brass converted to fit the little Martinis. They also have dies. Finally, I got an RCBS mould for the little 125 grain heeled bullet.

Yesterday was a pretty day, so I fired up my lead furnace and cast a few hundred bullets. The RCBS mould does a fine job.

This morning I lubed 50 bullets using Honda motorcycle chain lube. I just set them up on a piece of wax paper and sprayed them with the lube. It dries quickly. Pretty soon I had 50 rounds of ammo ready for the range.

I snapped a few photos while getting ready to shoot.

I shot targets at 50 and 100 yards. The rifle has good sights, but they are just battle sights. That limits what I am able to do. However, the little thing will certainly shoot. Here are a couple of targets.

I was not disappointed. That's about as good as I can shoot with those sights. It's a shooter! This was my first time ever shooting this rifle and this caliber. It was a load recommended on a discussion forum and the only load I have tried. I'm happy.

Curl

Contact Us NitroExpress.com