Tom_H
(.333 member)
07/12/17 10:14 PM
Re: I see - my guns are single shot

I have accumulated a number of air rifles and pistols over time.
Have a few crosman MkII pistols (anytime I can pick one up for the right price I grab it. Heavier than the Ruger auto it copies, with a great trigger. Those guns shoot into .25 or less at 10m and are easy to work on. Downside is CO2.
Have a Turkish Webley Venom sidewinder PCP in .22. The gun didn't get great reviews but I got one of the good ones. Good for 1" at 50yds and when turned down will give 60+ shots at 575fps.

Got an FWB 300s on the cheap. All I can say is wow. Recoil-less action springer that is non-hold sensitive. Outside of the gun looks like hell but the bore is mint. Someone resealed it in the recent past. Haven't clocked it, but it shoots true one hole groups at 10m.
The trigger is two stage and breaks at 6oz.

Started an airgun league at my gun club a few years ago as a way to get folks to shoot offhand. All sorts of steel from 7 to 35 yds. Nice walk thru the woods type of course that you could run the 40 shots in 15 minutes but typically takes 2 hrs as a social event.
Watching the progression of guns was interesting. Shooters starting with Gamo springers and over a couple years progressing to much higher end guns like HW50s and Air arms.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com