DarylS
(.700 member)
22/10/17 03:42 PM
Re: I see - my guns are single shot

As to springers Wayne, Weirhauch air fifles have adjustable triggers. Their triggers are the best of the Springer Air Rifles and that is not arguable. All air rifles triggers, for years now, are compared to the Weirhauch "Record" Trigger.

Both of my springers are HW's, a thumbhole HW97KT in .177 and a .22 cal. in an HW98. Nice trigger, pulls and both arr 2-stage as most seem to be. Some can have that adjusted out if desired. I'm used to it, no bother.

The FX Impact (Pneumatic as in pre-charged with an air tank) is undoubtedly the very best in .25 cal rifles, is modular in design and winner of the 2017 Bench Rest match. My Air Force (currently sneared at by the $2,000.00 to $4,000.00 FX owners) does a pretty good job of hunting and on top of that, I have a 51gr. 40-cavity mould for it made by NOE in Oregon.

They are also available in .36 and .45 calibre (The Texan), if big game hunting (larger than fox or coyote) is in your sights. The .25 will handle those at called in ranges, with bullets or pellets. FPE runs up to about 116.
The Texans will run fpe's to 900, with special valves, in the States and also handle bullets easily to about 400gr.

FX had just come out with a sub $1,000.00 pneumatic in .25 that should keep FX store shelves empty if that is the only one they stock.

1/2 inch at 50 yards is my best grouping so far with my .25 "Condor", but now that I have my nitrogen gas supply figured out, I'll be doing longer range shooting & experimenting with it next spring.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com