Tom_H
(.333 member)
19/02/17 03:41 AM
Re: thinking of a combination gun

I have or had a number of combinations and capes but seldom take them out. For the most part they are just too heavy or at least feel that way.
Had one of the Brnos in 7x57R and 12 ga. Somebody did a crap job of trying to regulate the 12 bore so I didn't feel too bad about reaming the choke to make things right. Worked out great with classic Brenekees.
Shot a 200# pig with it once. Dogs were on it and it came through on a left right crossing. Put a 175 7mm behind the shoulder and it passed through in front of the ham. It didn't even break stride. As it ran past I put a slug quartering away through the entrance hole from the rifle. That worked.
Yes, the dogs remained unscathed.
Well built gun but I was never able to get used to the safety in the trigger guard so I let it go.

Picked up a Zoli 6.5x55 x 12ga a few years back. The 6.5 is spectacularly accurate but no degree of regulation worked to bring the 12 into the same location (it has adjustable barrels like the Valmet). The trigger is fair at best and until I come up with a solution it is relegated to the safe.

As an aside, finding one of these types of guns and installing an adapter as mentioned above could work out well, lets say in 45-70-500.
Just try and find one with a set trigger for the rifle barrel.

Cheers

Tom

Contact Us NitroExpress.com