NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
01/01/17 05:57 AM
Re: thinking of a combination gun

Quote:

My Krieghoff Ulm Primus 9.3X74R double rifle is equipped with a set of combination gun barrels: 16 gauge over 7X75R SE vom Hofe, a sort of rimmed 7mm Remington Magnum. I have had a K&S full length insert barrel in caliber 6X52R Bretschneider fitted. The 6X52R lies between the 5.6X52R (22 Savage High Power) and the 6.5X52R (.25-35 Winchester). It is thought of as a roe deer caliber, but is certainly capable of killing a white tail, as is the .22 Savage High Power. This combination gives me a more or less classic Bergstutzen to supplement my double rifle and the additional set of 16 gauge shotgun barrels.

K&S (Keller & Simmann) http://www.einstecklauf.de/classic.html make full length insert barrels in calibers ranging from 17 Hornet to .45-70 Government. The point of impact is adjustable from the muzzle, so the two barrels can be made to shoot to the same point of aim at a given range. I find the combination ideal for my deer stand, with one caliber for close range and the other for longer range. If I were still able to walk any distance, it would be an ideal still hunting or stalking rifle as well.

You have some very interesting and useful firearms. And different ones. One rarely hears of a 7mm Super Express Vom Hofe.

With the inset barrels does the rifle inser barrel need to be resighted in if removed and put back in?

Contact Us NitroExpress.com