Ripp
(.577 member)
29/12/16 01:45 PM
Re: thinking of a combination gun

Quote:

Hi Kiwi

Admittedly, I have never hunted leopard. I am a highly experienced textbook hunter.... Ugh.... Thruthfully, I don't understand squat about it. I am simply quoting others who have actually hunted and written about same.... Shoot at the cat on the branch, cat runs away as if it was scalded..... I defer to any and all on this one given my tenure of zero minutes in a leopard blind....

Respectfully,

Postman

I have sat many hours in a leopard blind..and many more with no shows than shows..in my experience, you are going to sit a very long time before you get a second shot if you miss the first one..and if that is the case trust me, you will have plenty of time to rack another round in your bolt action rifle...

As for me using a shotgun in a blind for leopard..NO WAY IN HELL...I have read where the experts warn about using one following up a wounded leopard let alone as the initial shot, as it usually will not kill on the spot....AND the blinds are NOT that close to the bait where I would even consider the shotgun to be effective on the first shot..each blind I sat in was around 80 to 100 yards or more....on 3 separate hunts...

Just watched the late Ian Gibson on video 2 nights ago following up a wounded leopard with a semi-auto shotgun...he hit it but it did not die..was killed by another fellow to his left with another shot...

Ripp

Contact Us NitroExpress.com