Englishman
(.275 member)
24/03/16 01:06 AM
Re: Pedersoli Sharps ?

The C, Sharps rifles I have inspected have been imported to UK, it is quite possible that these examples have been let out of the works as exports, (we will never see them again), but the people that bought them payed a premium price for them, the wood to metal fit was less than I expected on both of them, but then they were fitted with the standard "plain Jane" wood that C,Sharps rifles come with as standard. The cost in Europe, of all things appears to be much higher than in USA, and I think that there must be some shortcut on quality to achieve this low price, I have never seen poor quality finish or fit on either Pedersoli or Uberti guns in Europe, but I have read of many really bad examples of both manufacturers products in USA, I must say that my experience of these products is from before 5 years ago.
Cast ! No not cast, FORGED, this is far better than the cheap and inferior process of machining from solid billet, (although it is strong enough), the grain structure of a forged action is just so much better than a short grained machining, the forging process takes much more equipment than does pure machining, as the components are CNC machined after forging,one only has to look at the extremely crude offerings of Ruger to see how much, (or less) effort is put into manufacture to be able to sell at a rock bottom price. As a comparison of strength, you would not machine a vehicle engine connecting rod from a billet, it is forged for strength!

Contact Us

Contact Us NitroExpress.com