DarylS
(.700 member)
11/05/15 12:32 AM
Re: Well, the 'local' gun show is on

Had a fellow tell me there were two LeeSpeeds like this one at the Kamloops Gun Show just a while back - one sold for $500.00, the other was priced at over $1,500.00 and didn't sell, could have been BS - but you never know.
The .500 BPE is listed at over $3,000.00.

I'm kind of turning on the Greener - it is so lovely and the bore is superb, but it's almost Cylinder - at least the Cyl. plug won't pass but the .005" choke IC is a bit sloppy. Might shot just fine for grouse and clays at BP Rendezvous - 2 1/2" chamber of course.

In thinking of Holt's pricing, it is a bit steep, I guess.

Maybe I simply need a nice .22 RF bolt gun - like the 77/22. I was looking for a 452CZ or one of the new models - 455's - there were none to be seen. Lots of crap - SKS garbage and of course the Mosin Nagents complete with cosmoline.

Really nice BRNO DS trigger 7x57 - earlier model pre-WII I'm sure, could see no model # on it - slim and full stocked - lovely, too pricey as well- don't remember the number - I do remember bring shocked - looked like a price from Europe - out of THIS world.

I was kind of hoping to sell my Sharps long range rifle - 5" staff on the Soule tang sight, chambered .45 1.9" Sharps globe front - exceptionally accurate with smokeless and jacketed - 7/8" at 100 meters for 10 shots - just a 1"hole almost round hole - had my hunting buddy spotting for me - using the metallic sights, 405RP bullets and 48.0gr. Benchmark - maybe 21,000psi & run 1,850fps from the 35" bl., over 200fps higher than the 24" gave from the Hodgdon manual. That's about max for that bubble-gun bullet on big game, moose or elk. With 61gr. 1F, 2F or 1 1/2F Swiss, it runs from an inch to 1 1/2" at 100 with 506gr. Shmitzer Pointed or 525gr. RN both Lyman moulds. The OAL with 405gr. jacketed is a bit longer than can be used in the .45/70 Marlin, so loading from the Hodgdon Manual works perfectly with jacketed.

It won't bother me if no one wants to buy it. Rifle, sights, dies, about 150 brass and mould for $1,800.00 - not overpriced at all.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com