lancaster
(.470 member)
27/02/15 08:27 PM
Re: Chassepot needle fire Stutzen projekt

Quote:

"the 11,5x50 RB PWM/Chassepot needle fire"
How did the firearms world survive this long without it!
All kidding aside, that is an interesting project lancaster.
Thanks for sharing.

thank you for your words of encouragement, you know real inventor's work for the common good. I have another secret invention for an older problem that will come to dayligth this year.

in the beginning I dont know what to do with the patch box. does it fit, is it a good idea? will I need it in the future for another rifle?
The dreyse jaeger rifle was probably the first one without a patch box but you will find it on sporting guns up into the 1870s. The rare Dörsch&v.Baumgarten needle fire jaeger rifle for the tiny Principality of Schaumburg-Lippe in germany had a patch box.

http://www.schaumburger-zeitung.de/porta...in-Schuss-_arid,340007.html

Dörsch was working for Dreyse before he became a master in Suhl on his own in 1857, only Schaumburg-Lippe order 670-750 jaeger rifles of this model for the dreyse military cartridge in 1861.
600 of this jäger rifles were sold to japan in 1868 were a Feldwebel Carl Koeppen trained a unit near Osaka as a foreign advisor or お雇い外国人 with this needle rifles.

Dörsch&v.Baumgarten were also making hunting rifles with this action but in the own 12mm caliber.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com