Buchsemann
(.333 member)
12/01/14 08:25 AM
Re: #1 buck in my pre war Krieghoff drilling??

Kuduae (Axel),

Thank you once again for teaching me something new. Thus far having not been hunting with any drillings loaded with slugs I hadn't given the right/left shot barrel thing the thought it now obviously needed. What you have just told us makes a bunch of sense. Perhaps I ought to spring the cash for an extra boar so I can 1) Use my newly acquired Bemesu DR drilling as a double rifle and 2) Make use of one of my other "conventional" drillings to spark off one of the new Brenneke slugs on a boar as per the conventional set-up, that is providing that I have one come within preferred slug range. I will be using the scope when working up a load for the rifle barrels and the scope will remain on the gun when I shoot a slug through the shot tube. It does sound though that if the slug hits close to the rifle bullets it could just be a lucky coincidence, we'll see. This boar hunt will end my large game hunting for the winter and much time will pass before I have this opportunity again. I'm gonna change my plans and bring two drillings, using the conventional drilling if a second boar is available.

Danke and Waidmannsheil!

Mark

PS - m4220 - You're welcome and thank you for your nice compliment.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com