Ruger_450
(Banned)
14/03/13 03:40 AM
Re: Ruger No.1 450 Nitro #2 3 &1/2" ejector problem

Quote:

I do like Pretty ladies with beautiful butts!

Would it be possible to make or have made a new ejector that operated ONLY like a rimmed extractor/ejector?

It should be an easy matter to modify the cam to prevent movement lateral movement of the extractor/ejector.

I would expect a gunsmith who understood Ruger #1's could do this easily.

You are partially correct. If the ejector is to work as designed, it MUST move from right to left to go around the rim, regardless if the cartridge is rimed or rimless. It is not pushed over by any cam, it just slides over the rim much like a Model 70 or modern commercial Mauser. However, IF you back the ejector tension screw all the way out AND only open the action enough to get the cartridge in (Very tricky with the huge rim on this cartridge) the ejector will only come back about 1/3rd and you can place the rim on it and push it in with your thumb. After firing, again you only open the action enough to clear the block, it will be EXTRACTED about 3/4" and you can hook it out with your fingernail.

Obviously not as designed and would get you stomped/gored/clawed/chewed if a followup shot were required.

I tried both the single shot and this forum and, thus far, hit a dead end. Wishing the guy had left it a 458 !

thanks !

Contact Us NitroExpress.com