9.3x57
(.450 member)
28/08/11 11:09 PM
Re: Ruger No 1 303

Rule;

I'm not sure how easy it is to get any major work done overseas, but in shipping back guns to Ruger in the past I've found them very helpful in making amends.

I've had guns restocked and rebarreled by Ruger on warranty, and know of another {same caliber [.264] as the one I had rebarreled last year} that was also rebarreled for another fellow. It ook a little doing on my part but after making my case they have been good as regards customer service. I don't know how they would get yours fixed. Require return to USA?

One of my points was, and I think I'm correct here, that they have a "2-inch group at 50 yards" accuracy standard for all centerfires. I was told that by a Ruger rep years ago. If correct, makes for a hard sell to get a 3 or 4 inch 100 yard rifle scrapped. If I'm wrong or the standard has been changed you might have no problem. I think you are 100% correct as to why they do not include test targets.

One last thing; Rugers are my favorite modern rifles. They are very sturdy, soundly designed and as close to a working Mauser as a guy can get for cheap. I do, however, consider them "kit guns" and make mods to every one I buy, mostly accurizing. The No.1 is a different tomato, and might require different even more work, bored perfectly or not. Most frustratingly, some come off the line perfect, others, not.

Keep at Ruger and maybe if you can call direct to the company and explain the situation maybe they will get involved with your dealer/iporter and help?

Contact Us NitroExpress.com