Buchsemann
(.333 member)
09/08/11 01:11 PM
Re: drilling question

Gentlemen,

The drilling configuration that 500Nitro is referring to is called a "Bockdrilling" with bock in this instance meaning over/under, such as "Bockdoppelbuchse" (O/U double rifle), "Bockbuchsflinte" (typically a shotgun barrel over a rifle barrel), and of course "Bockdoppelflinte" (O/U double barreled shotgun). I have a bit of a mess in my den at the moment but I will see about taking a picture or two of a Franz Sodia I have configured as a 16ga over a 7X57R with a .22LR staggered alongside and between the shot barrel and larger rifle barrel. Now if Scott is referring to a combination where the three barrels are stacked vertically and inline I have not seen one. Perhaps Kuduae or another very knowledgeable of these things has seen such a creation and will comment.

I have to think that a gun with three rifle barrels across, three rifle barrels configured such as a more conventional drilling (SXS with one below) and even with the third barrel on top have been seen on NE before ... perhaps not but they do exist.

Regards,

Buchseman

Contact Us NitroExpress.com