blackbearhunter
(.333 member)
18/06/04 01:45 AM
Re: Old Drillings still Hunters???

Could the 108/49 mark be a pre 1912 caliber mark in gauge for the lands in the rifle barrel?Are do you think it is the dateing?
I did find out that HUBERTUS was a trademark or I.meffert in suhl,registered on may15,1907..with the liege proofhouse.
Also Hubertus is a german hunter saint in german folklore?
Immanuel meffert was founded in 1839 -1938 and produced more than 60,000 guns& had 200 employees at one time.
He introduced light metal in gun manufacturing,His Hubertus Drilling has a system case of Duraluminium,harden at the surface-and was a hunters dream when it came out because of the light weight of carry in the mountains...I think in 1910.Again i think the sch p & 29 means schultze pulver-smokeless powder & 29 is the lead shot charge proofed in the barrels around 1910 or 1909???
The factory was in the middle of the town of suhl,& it was purchased in 1901.Meffert was a jew & his factory was confiscated by the nazis in 1938.All records were burned,lost,or destroyed,He made a statement that his guns were all as good or better than any of the English makers.
All the old I.meffert guns are collecters,most are in other countries other than germany,Lots did not survive the war.Anyone care to add anything?? Does this sound about correct??

Contact Us NitroExpress.com