kuduae
(.400 member)
23/03/10 08:02 AM
Re: Collath Drilling and Arms

The Teschner-Collath company of Frankfurt on Oder river continued up to WW2, but in the later years they made more conventional guns. Here is the Drilling my grandfather once bought new: On the outside it is signed by "Wilhelm Pieter in Halberstadt", the country gunsmith who retailed it. It has short 60cm =23" barrels in 12/12/7x57R. The Suhl proof date is 7/34 for July 1934. It was made "for the trade" by Collath, evidenced not only by the use of originally Collath patented features, the self-rising rear sight and Collath's barrel selector lever in front of the triggerguard, shown in the "rifle" position, but also by the TCF stamp under the barrels and on the action flat. I had the triggers altered, as originally the set equipped rear/left trigger fired the rifle barrel, other than all other Drillings I have used. Yes, it still sports the original Hensoldt 4x scope. It was restocked post-war, as the original butt was broken off by US troops in 1945. A very handy and fast gun with it's tang-mounted slide safety.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com