Mike_McGuire
(.333 member)
01/09/09 08:06 PM
Re: New - Gibbs Styled Farquharson - Hot Off The Press !

Sounds good. You are a good salesman and nothing happens without the salesman.

Will email you directly.

I have a great feeling about this rifle.

It is quite amazing your gun has appeared as I am about to make the move to help Ed Weatherbys sailng and the contrast is unreal.....but only in the rifles.

300 H&H 30-378

375 H&H 378

My gut feeling is that you have the integrity of Wby and that is a lot.

As a bit of a side note to what I said about Wby and for other members who may read what I said, that is Weatherby. They are the prized agency in Australia because of how they do business. They have always been that way.

It goes right back to Roy. Around 1972 when I was 24 I phoned Wby and spoke to Roy....that was about getting two 460s here. The agents at the time, Michales Bayley, suggested I phone Wby. Upfront the first thing Roy said was...it must go through the agent....There was no problem there as the agent had suggested I organise it, but Roy fully supported the agent. As a by the way, the write up in the Barnes No 4 Loading Manual on the 460 is by an Australian gun writer John Woods, who bought one of the 460s from me. Of the two that came, one had the shit shot out of it and the other remained unfired until about 1991. About 1993 I sold it to John Woods. By then it had shot the odd roo and pig.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com