Caprivi
(.375 member)
27/03/09 12:37 AM
Re: Combo/Cape in 9x57R/360

"There never was a 9x57R/360" I stated this as this is what the ventor has it listed as....?????

"but to my knowledge never a rimmed 9.3x57R." Here in the states there are quite a few Husq 17 combo's for sale in this designation.

"When they wrote /360 it usually ment it was the 9,3/57r to begin with, then taken down to ex. 8mm being the 8x57r/360." I have noticed the /360 attacthed to a few catridges....again....????

"If you buy it, might sure you slug the bore and get correct dimensions first before firing." This is a definite, certainly I will make all attempts to decipher the correct chambering.

"There was an article by Ross Seyfried in Handloader, 2003, and another one by Helmut Eller in Deutsches Waffen-Journal, 1994. I can send you these as .pdf files." Yes, I would like copies of those.

"there are some 9,3x57 mauser rifles from suhl coming to surface now " There are quite a few HVA 46's appearing here in the states now.

"you are right - one should never say "Never" with these old cartridges." So very true.

Thank you for the future information. These old birds can be a bit confusing at first, but that is what makes them all the more attractive. I will be talking with the ventor this Afternoon, so maybe some pictures and more info will be forthcoming from my end.

That said for a bit of a tease, it is a 12ga (unknown chamber length) SXS combo with 3 leaf sight and is a back action (semi island lock) hammer gun. DAH looks a bit much but we shall see.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com