farshot
(.300 member)
05/02/09 07:09 AM
Re: Affordable European Style Stalking Rifle?

I have read a post concerning the BRNO 110 and saw some pictures in the Acurate Reloading site and really the Effect may be the latest version of the BRNO 99.5 or 110. I have never seen one of those rifles up close so I cannot comment on that, but it sure looks similar externally.

I will try and get some pictures done - I haven't posted pictures before on this sight but I will perhaps send them via email to Brazos who can post them.

I do not see the bbls being interchangable in this model.

I also do not see the 6.5 x 57R as a choice in the list at the one dealer who actually mentions them.

In Canada I see the .243, .308, .30-06, 8x57R and 7x65R - they are not generally available and I was told by the inmporter here that they would all be pay in advance 100%,special orders.

I bought mine slightly used from a fellow who thought the recoil was a bit much. Like all BRNOs it is slightly heavier then the Merkel and of course less elegant in wood, technical details and styling. But I fully expect the Efefct to still be shooting many years from now as they all appear to do.

I would be interested to see if they are available in the American market and the price.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com