heers68
(.300 member)
14/04/08 08:58 AM
Re: Sempert & Krieghoff Drilling Trumpf

Thanks again for all the great info on this drilling!

L2S: I had wondered if I could shoot slugs in a full choke barrel like this S&K has. Maybe that is the purpose of the back folding rear sight? you have shot the Brenneke slugs through full choke? I was told this drilling is full/full but must admit that I havent had it checked myself. my 22 insert does'nt seem to seat right in the right barrel. it does have the notch in the extractor and a bit on the insert but the bit seems a little too large to seat in the notch? Maybe this was bought later and needs to be hand fitted? What are your thoughts on the ammo issue? What are your chamber stamps if you have a 8x57 and what ammo are you using? I cant believe with this issue between .318 and .323 that this isnt listed somewhere on the casing or at least on the box!!!

DaveK: I wish I had more info on how this drilling came across the pond! I bought this drilling from a gun shop in Arizona of all places,and asked for history on it but they just said they had picked it out of a gun show. I think that 90% of the drillings in the US now were brought back by GI'S during or shortly after the war dont you? I dont mean any offence to the post war drillings but I think the pre-war drillings,rifles,and combo's especially from the 30's were the peak of (USABLE) German gun making art! Great calibers and alot of them are chambered for 2 3/4" shells! The wood,metal work,feel and styles of these guns is just AWESOME in my oppinion. I have some period catologs from this period with these guns selling for 300 to 400 marks,I wonder what that would translate to in todays dollars?? Kevin.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com