dnovo
(.333 member)
06/04/08 09:26 PM
Re: HAGN Trio, 375H&H,450NE,577NE.

Quote:

Quote:

Pictures do not do these guns justice, they are WAY past any custom Hagn gun I have ever seen..

Apart from a Hagn buit rifle, who in addition to H&W does this kind of work on these actions?

Jack Haugh in Indiana. I have two Martini & Hagn built single shots from these two fine builders, one 'plain' in 300 H&H since I wanted not to detract from what I believed was the pure beauty of the design and one I purchased that they had built for someone else, with some very nice engraving that was done for them by a very good 'local' engraver in 6.5X55. Then, after a lot of negotiating and lusting from afar, I just acquired this Haugh built beauty from a dealer I have worked with a lot over the last few years in a 470 NE (in transit, his photos):

"Replacement cost" to me was under $15,000. An original Martini & Hagan, at least when I bought mine right before the dollar took a dive, was about the same, and even today around $15K with modest engraving. I am sure the H&W version costs a lot more, but as I have not seen one, I can't comment on why there should be much of a price difference other than it is a 'name' German builder. As far as the level of finish and fit on my 300H&H at least, I would be hard pressed to see where it can be improved that much as the work Ralf and Adolph do is just top level. Dave

Contact Us NitroExpress.com