mikeh416Rigby
(.450 member)
11/02/06 10:27 AM
Re: A new cocktail that goes well with cheese brat

I'll do that. By the way, if you haven't done so already, this coming summer, a lot of local churches and communities have bazaars or festivals where they feature ethnic dishes from the community. You owe it to yourself to visit a Polish Church Bazaar, and also an Italian Bazaar. You won't regret it. I promise.

My favorite Polish dishes are Halupkis (ground beef, rice, and seasoning wrapped in cabbage leaves and then cooked in tomato sauce), Pierogis (my favorite variety is made from mashed potatoes and cheddar cheese, inside a type of dumpling dough, then cooked in boiling water, and smothered with chopped onions and melted butter). I also enjoy Halushki, which is nothing more than cooked potatoes, cabbage, and noodles prepared in a chicken stock. I like mine with lots of black pepper sprinkled on top. Then, of course, there's good old fashioned Kielbasi, which is a type of smoked sausage served either hot or cold. I like mine cold, cut into small pieces, and topped with a good strong creamy horshradish dressing, or a good spicey mustard.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com