NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
29/02/24 03:49 PM
Re: Schnitzel?

I was prompted to start this topic, as one of our past female members said she'd never heard of schnitzel before !!!

Then I was watching a US TV show " Condor", and a small child asked what is schnitzel? Admittedly he was very young. Acwoman told him " it is a way to cook chicken" ....

Original schnitzel was I believe pork, flattened, breaded, fried.

Veal or beef as well.

Most modern schnitzels seem to be chicken. Often hard to find shop schnitzels which are not chicken. A good local butchers has chicken, various flavourings or plain, plus beef and pork.

Turkey, duck, game meats, venison, buffalo, rabbit, can all be used for schnitzel.

Schnitzel is usually fried. I use olive oil, plus some butter. Butter browns it better.

But a schnitzel can also be cooked under the grill burner. It won't brown as well, will be dryer, but also healthier.

Schnitzels are traditional pub fare here, In my first office job, after university, if not at a client's,but in the office on Thursdays we all use to go to a rough bikie pub down the other end of the street, from juniors to partners. And have a $2 schnitzel and chips lunch, some veg on the plate as well. The pub was always full on the $2 lunch day. $2! A long time ago!

So I was wondering who hadn't ever heard of a schnizel. A good one is much better than a hamburger. In fact a breaded hamburger/chicken burger is excellent,

Contact Us NitroExpress.com