NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
25/08/19 07:53 PM
Re: Steak (R)evolution

Have to watch that still.

But when possible I choose to buy lovely big thick steak cuts, from free range beef. I think Woolworths here calls them "Texan Cattleman's Cutlet". Aussie beef though. And far more tasty than feedlot tasteless stuff.

I have pictures on my phone or camera. Must look for them.

I very hot fry the steaks first, to get some nice browning on both sides. Then into a moderately to hot oven for somewhere between ten and twenty minutes. The steaks end up tasty and very juicy. Usually medium rare. If slightly cooked more, still very juicy, and tasty.

Now do this with the usual feedlot intensive fed cow steak. The meat is often "thicker", heavier or grainier. And does not have the texture or the taste.

At one time feedlots were virtually unknown in Australia. I still question how common they are. They are sometimes used to fatten cattle before sale also I believe.

Other cattle raising operations often have many properties. The cattlemen breed their cattle on one property in one area. Then truck them to another part of the country to nbe finished off and fattened. Believe it or not, I believe (?) Central Australia is often regarded as good clean fattening country. The lush green Top End is not??? Counter-intuitive to me, but it seems that way. Unless I am wrong?

And now, because of the UN, and its hatred of meat and especially cattle, the feed lots are under great threat. And the cattle grasslands are under the threat of the UN plan to plant them all to "forests". In the claimed BS of combating "CO2" and "global warming". The agenda is all there in Agenda 2030, big gov't owned interconnected public nature reserves.

But lets stick on the tasty topic of beautiful steaks. Have to watch the video?

Contact Us NitroExpress.com