93x64mm
(.416 member)
07/09/16 06:59 AM
Re: Caribou steak in peppercorn cognac cream sauce

Mouth is watering reading all that!
Hard to cook just right the leaner meats, any venison I've done so far I've 'over cooked' more so due to not cooking enough of it; still tasted bloody good - if a little dry, guess that's what the sauce is for!
Had a mate ask me to cook 'roo for a French exchange student that was staying at her place (this lad was in Heaven, had 3 young ladies to run around after him - their Dad kept a close eye on him though!) & wanted him to taste something unique. So she marinated it in red wine & garlic for 2 days in the fridge, did the sear treatment on the barby with butter & kept applying the marinade as we cooked the sides. The light wasn't great so it was best guess to when we got to a bit more than 'rare' we flipped them off as this was a much as we dared cooked the pieces to let them settle.
Dave did the honours & cut it up after 5 minutes - surprisingly the buggers cooked a fair bit more after being taking off the heat!
Turned out a threat & the young lad & those who tried it enjoy the meal - & thankfully I was off the damn hook!
Know what you mean about getting the right amount of cooking to the individual meat - not easy & vastly different from beef!
93x64mm

Contact Us NitroExpress.com