NONE
(.300 member)
08/03/04 11:13 AM
Re: A love for Australian wines

NitroX,

Thanks for the lesson. I will be at the fine wine store on MON to order a few of the selections you recommended, I may have to try them by the case if they are not available here though. No harm I have a cellar, all the better to add a few selections.

I actually did not know of the Shiraz history with Australia very interesting indeed. I will not buy any french products anymore and with exception of a few Chateau Latour's that were gifts and a couple of Chateau Mouton-Rothschild's I have had for some time no french products are welcome in my home so there high priced products are of no interest to me either.

The Barossa Valley Estate E & E Black Pepper Shiraz sounds quite interesting. I in vision this as a very robust full bodied affair and like my rifles a bit of kick out of my wine is appreciated. I feel like a insider now with a tip how great is that, thanks!

Do you produce any of your own wines or sell primarily to other winery in the region? What a picture perfect climate for a vineyard.

I do have a Penfolds Grange Hermitage Barossa I just purchased as they had it in stock, it was said to be of a decent vintage I am excited about giving it a try once the right moment comes along. I hope to get a few days of quail/pheasant hunting in before I leave for Africa I may try it with some pheasant over rice and finnish with a nice robusto Cuban.

I have access to a vineyard here locally Chateau Elan, its owned along with the Hotel/day spa and ajoining ALMS racetrack by a good friend I do some joint work with. The climate here doesn't make for a good vinyard and the wine is so-so at best though, kind of gimmicky I would say but its nice to see a behind the scenes either way.

Thanks for the advice I will let you know how I fair with the selections.

James F. Nixon III

Contact Us NitroExpress.com