Weatherby
(.224 member)
19/08/07 07:59 PM
Re: binos

No doubt you may have heard enough on this subject now but I thought Id throw in a little more. I have recently tried out all major brands of Binos and came with the following two as being the best available in the 8 x 32 range.

They were the Swarovski EL's and the Leica Ultravids. Both were fantastic to look through. The first thing I noticed about the EL's is that they were very comfortable, however they were a little heavier and bigger than the Ultravids. The Ultravids were rubber armoured and very compact. The Ultravids also have superior eye relief and the highest twilight factor in all top end models I tested. This twighlight factor gives you the most light possible through the glass in the mornings, afternoons and during poor conditions. In the end I chose the Leica Ultravids and cannot be happier. Ive taken them on many hunting trips since and never looked back.

If theres one thing I can definitely say, don't go with the cheaper options. Take the top name brands and don't do what most of us have already done....... I am glad I finally made the right choice...

Contact Us NitroExpress.com