NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
19/06/24 06:44 PM
Re: Seven scope myths most shooters believe

Quote:

Concerning the tube and objective diameter question I believe the video pretty much got it right. There are a lot of variables that one must consider and in many cases weigh one against another. Here is another short video that supports the first video. (I think the biggest attribute for the larger diameter tube is the potential increase in reticle adjustment available.)
Scope diameter

I think that video actually says the opposite.

Firstly the video is advertising for the Vortex scope makers who have made the video.

They then try to say a quality made scope is better than a low quality cheap scope ... Duh ....

They compare a cheap low quality scope with a larger objective lens and wider tube to a SUPER DOOPER VORTEX SUPER PREMIUM scope, claiming the Vortex has better light transmission.

At the end he does admit a larger objective lens and presumably wider tube ALL OTHER THINGS BEING EQUAL will provide more light transmission. Of course.

The larger lenses of the objective and wider tube WILL make that scope more expensive for quality lens of greater size compared to a smaller scope. A high quality larger lens will always cost more than a smaller equally quality lens.

I'll go out on a limb, I'm guessing neither Vortex nor Elements are making wider tube scopes, maybe 30 mm, but not 35 mm. And their videos have self serving arguments as part of the paud advertising.

The Elements guff repeatedly comparing a "$700 scope to a $3500 scope" was pretty obviously advertising.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com