93x64mm
(.416 member)
20/08/21 08:43 AM
Re: HOW TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT RIFLE SCOPE

The main thing we should ask first is 'what are you really doing with this rifle', then all this will come into play. No good putting on a very high magnification scope with all the whiz bangs on a rifle that will only ever shoot perhaps 50 yards or so!
We are starting to see a lot of younger folks out at our range, including young ladies which is marvellous. Their partner normally has them out for the first shoot with a .308 or they may have some experience with a 22LR. The young bucks may think its fun to boot his girlfriend from one side of the shed to the other for a lark, only for the club to never to see her again!
I have over the years got these young ladies aside & started them on say my 223, explaining to them first what do you want in a rifle, what different types of events we have, showing them or pointing out the different rifles so that they understand & that we're on the same page.
Its not uncommon to see a young one ask the range officer about a certain rifle types, mostly someone is there with what they asking about & the owner will normally give them a go of their own personal rifle.
Most of my gear is nothing really flash but with a little coaching they do surprisingly well considering their experience, some have even shot the pants off their hubbies! Gets the blokes a bit huffy, but when you mention that they'll now have to get another rifle for the missus the cogs get turning - win win situation.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com