Ripp
(.577 member)
02/12/20 02:06 AM
Kenetrek-boots...The best hunting boot I have ever owned..

Ironically I was just telling my wife this weekend I need to get another pair of these but hate to as the older ones fit and feel so good... I can get the toe piece repaired from constantly climbing rocky terrain hunting goats, sheep, elk, etc...

I know everyone's feet are different and most have use have tried a lot of boots in our lifetime. For me, these are the best I have ever used, period. Currently have 3 different pair. One shorter model, one uninsulated and one insulated that I have worn the most. Wore them all elk season again this year and now finding myself wearing them around the ranch. This pair is now 6 years old and have needed nothing other than a little wax at the end of the season until the following year. Have worn them from Montana, Alaska,Kyrgyzstan (several times) Turkey,Azerbaijan and Spain to name a few.

They are on the stiffer side, especially when they are new. I believe they advise at min of 50 miles in them before they are breaking in.. The older insulated pair I have seem to get more comfortable every time I wear them.

Saw this article and fully agree with their analysis..

IF you do use them on a horse, be careful.. the lugs on the bottom grip.. do NOT put your foot all the way in the stirrup.. if horse falls you may not get your foot out and you could get dragged by your horse.. Actually happened to my friend in Kyrgyzstan.. and almost happened to me this weekend.. so I am very careful to not put foot all the way in stirrup..

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/hunt3...kenetrek-boots/

Contact Us NitroExpress.com