tinker
(.416 member)
10/02/20 06:12 AM
Re: Leupold Hate

Something else to note here, and this applies to all scopes, is that the graduations on the turrets are not always exactly what they are labeled on the knobs.
For instance, "1 click = 1/2 MOA" or whatever.

Whether it's MOA or (claimed) inches or MM or Mils, it's good to verify these grads on a target board that's exactly whatever distance it needs to be from the scope for verification.

If all you will ever do is poke paper targets at your local rifle shooting range's 100 yard bench, fine.
If you expect to be able to make scope adjustments to hit targets at random ranges, you'll need to know exactly what those clicks are doing.

I have compensation factors for many of my scopes, and with them I can range my shot, calculate for drop, and dial in elevation and windage corrections for solid accuracy - as long as I properly use the rangefinder (anyone ever range in meters and calculate for yards..?) and properly read the condition for temperatur, pressure, wind etc.

Even some of the really expensive scopes need a correction factor for the knob graduations.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com