Ripp
(.577 member)
10/02/20 04:31 AM
Re: Leupold Hate

Quote:

I need to give my two cents worth on this subject. About 10 years ago, I picked up my first .458 Lott in a Rutgers No. 1 and decided to top it with a Zeiss Conquest scope. Long story short, it beat the crap out of that scope, and I had to send it back to Zeiss for repair and they ended up replacing it.
Enter the Leupold gold ring scope. In a nutshell, that thing can take a beating and continues to hold zero. Just make sure it’s a gold ring. From what I hear, the lower end Leupold’s aren’t as good.

YES, I have 3 or 4 Conquests.. they do o.k on lighter calibers..but the glass quality sucks.. not nearly as good as a Leupold VX-3 or above models.. Whenever I grab a rifle with one of those on it I find myself looking at it to see if it has dust or fog on it.. and they were not super cheap--around $1000 US...

They (Zeiss)always had rebates on the Conquest models in the fall.. however it would always take -3 attempts to get them to send the rebate.. they did NOT want to pay it.. saw several posts about it on the web as well.. personally I am done with Zeiss..,

Like you, I have had a 1.5-5 and a 1.75-6 on my large bores..have never had an issue.. with lots and lots of rounds through them..

Contact Us NitroExpress.com