Rule303
(.416 member)
09/02/20 10:38 PM
Re: Leupold Hate

Quote:

What the Leupold haters might have experienced is the knockoff Leupold scopes coming out of China and being sold on e-bay. A friend just bought a knockoff Zeiss. Buyer be ware.

Bob

The ones that I know and I am one of them in a round about way. The so called hate comes from Leupold devotees that tried to claim the Vx 1, 2, 3 and the same in the Vari X range were as good or better than the high end Euro scopes. Warranty wise yes. Ruggedness some times yes sometimes no. I have known a few leupy's to go back under warranty. Did I say their warranty was second to none. My first Kahles has taken knocks that would rattle a Leupy's teeth. However when they tried to claim the vision especially in low light was better or the equal the Euro's at the time, then no way known. So when the leupy's were said to be not as good as the leupy's the die hard leupy supporters got their knickers in a twist and claimed the Euro snobs hated the leupy's. Then of course the "hate" is blown out of all proportion. Yep there were more than one or two Euro Snobs about that didn't help.

Now days as I said Leupold has the models every bit as good as the top Euro scopes but at the same price points. They still have the best warranty going IMHO.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com