Ripp
(.577 member)
26/05/19 11:45 AM
Re: Top-10-new-riflescopes-of-2019... cheap also,,NOT...

Quote:

I don’t think Zeiss “promoted” the Conquest scopes to be top of the line. They still make and sell their Victory line, albeit at gob smacking prices, like $3500.00 CDN!!!! They are also 36mm tubes now.... Big heavy pigs, but they are quite short in OAL, which is nice because many scopes today are just too damned long IMHO.... I think these new Zeiss Victory scopes are starting to cross breed with the Hensoldt military/LE scopes...... The glass is absolutely superb. The erector adjustment range is quite significant and they finally fixed their crappy turrets and are using a much better designed and significantly improved turret with very positive tactile clicks. The reticle choices are minimal. Basic 3 heavy duplex reticles and thin stadia wire to the top of the scope from the horizontal.

The Conquest line was built to a price point to compete with Leupold, and I think they fell short. The equivalent money Leupolds are better scopes with better glass, again IMHO.

Agree--they are big heavy pigs..Vortex, when you get into the higher end glass are stupid heavy..plus I am not a Vortex fan.. NF are heavy as well as many of the others mentioned ..

And YES, Leupolds most definitely have better glass than the Zeiss Conquest line..the one thing about the older Conquest line is I really liked their Rapid Z configuration.. works extremely well on my 280AI.. out to around 600 yards thus far, it works well..

Contact Us NitroExpress.com