Postman
(.375 member)
03/10/18 12:30 AM
Re: Immitation Swarovski 1-6

Quote:

Quote:

Team, knowing exactly what I have done I recently purchased an imitation 1-6 Swarovski. $250. Im pretty sure its made in China. It arrived last night and after checking it out it appears to be surprisingly good. Does anyone know anything about these things, if they are as good as they look or anything at all? All Ive been able to find out so far are ill informed rYcomments like its Chinese so therefore it must be %^#@ but despite this if the Chinese put their minds to it they can make anything as good as anyone. Im yet to put it on top of the 30:06 its destined for, but does anyone know anything at these things at all that not prejudiced or just made up?
Thanks in advance.

roducing
Best of luck to you on that..hopefully it will work out better for you than my "imitation Rolex"... bought one while in NYC..lasted a month..done...

That’s funny!!!! As a much younger man I bought an imitation Platinum President Bracelet Rolex for $35 USD in Chang Mai many years ago. I still have it and it still works although on closer inspection nobody that knows watches would be fooled by it for longer than about 1/2 a second.

The Orient can be very good at producing knockoffs, with quality varying VERY widely. If you want to test your knockoff scope for quality, put it on something that has good recoil and try the “box drill”... Strong recoil will quickly take care of a sub standard scope, and the box drill will quickly identify whether the erector assembly is junk or not. Throw in a cold frosty day and you’ll see if the scope is tight or not and prone to fogging.

Another thought that comes to mind is that I personally would not mount something like this on a rifle destined for any hunt that I even remotely cared about. Failure in the field is unacceptable to me. I would however not be adverse to mounting a scope like this on a plinking .22 for non serious fun target shooting.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com