5thGenTexan
(.224 member)
03/09/18 01:00 PM
Re: Russell Moccasin Experiences

Quote:

I got a pair of PH II with crepe soles..... they were comfortable and quiet. I did use the Birkenstock size 47 half sole orthotic inserts and for a 10 day hunt they held up. After I got home I put them on a shelf and about 6 months later took them down and looked at them. I found a nasty African thorn stuck in the sole but was pleased to note that it did not stick through the sole and skewer me....... The boots were very comfortable but I must complain that in the heel area, there is a huge gap between left and right side of the shoe, with a bunch of thread stretching between both sides attempting to pull the sides together at the heel area. So at each heel, there is notning but a spider web of thread holding theae babies together... For near $400 USD, I would have expected far far better...... As a side note, my PH in Namibia looked at my boots, politely asked: “Russels?”, and when I said yes, he just politely said, “ yes I thought, so”, and said nothing more.....

If it's not an inconvenience, would you happen to have a photo of what you mean by "spider web of thread" at the heel? I guess I am a little confused by what you mean.

Everyone, thanks for your responses. Seems to be pretty similar to my other research that I have done so far: a mix of good and bad reviews. Do any of you have any good recommendations for other boots to look at?

Contact Us NitroExpress.com