Rule303
(.416 member)
09/04/18 07:43 AM
Re: Red dot sight questions

Quote:

one more point on the red dots I looked at. There must have been two at least with batteries. The Aimpoint H2 Micro was not a true red circle dot, and flared out to the lower right of the dot circle. The owner of that shop saw the same.

The other red dot sight, forget which one that was, perhaps they found a battery for one, also flared to the top right. Not a bad circle, except maybe a 20% flare.

If I still have perfect vision or someone with who does, oi would be interest if it flared for them as well. The gunshop owner said most red dot sights flare.

The Aimpoint flared as you had the brightness setting to high. Turn it down and when it is right for the ambient light you get a circle dot. Also remember that because of the asymmetric ( I think is the right term analogy)construction to eliminate parallax error it could well influence the flaring to one side. However I see this as nothing to worry about when you consider that if the dot in the Aimpoint - appears to be, is say in the upper right, lower left etc, and is on the target you are on the target. Means that if you are in a hurry and your eye is not placed in line with center of scope you can still shoot just as accurately.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com